Sunday, September 11, 2011

Print ID 0107
Print ID 0106
Summer is not officially over but  the crowded beaches, metered parking, dog bans, and traffic back ups are gone.  I was recently reading a NH based photographer's blog and it made so much sense. The basis of his statement was summer is not that great, the green monotone landscapes, the crowded outdoors spaces, the lack of waves, the acceptance of doing nothing, and various other facts played into his statement. I agree whole heartedly. Although I do enjoy the warm summer weather and not having to wear shoes or a shirt, overall summer does lack a bit of character.  His post got me excited for the coming months. Better waves to ride, colorful landscapes, crisp air, and an overall sense of change. It is no longer time to sit idle as time passes, conversely the next 9 months present the opportunity to make progress and enact the changes we have all let slide through the cracks over the last 3 months and that is exactly what I intend to do. Talk to me next June and I hope I will be able to tell you all about it, until then keep checking SSOM and enjoy the cold nights, snow storms, and weeks of rain.