Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Print ID 0049
Print ID 0050
Taken after Hurricane Bill passed through New England two summers ago.  Having just got my cast of from a torn Achilles tendon I decided to try to boogie board in hurricane surf....I was almost swept out to see in a rip current.  Speaking of which I was caught in a rip current this past weekend again. I know the best thing to do is let it pull you out a ways swim parallel to the shore and then come in but that is much easier said then done. You sit 50 yards off shore on a board and let the current pull you out beyond the break. I tend to fight it essentially paddling in place until a large wave breaks and catches me inside, then I just belly ride that one in.  About 5 minutes after taking these photos a downpour began. There is nothing like riding a bike in the warm summer rain.