Receive Blog Updates

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Print ID 0049
Print ID 0050
Taken after Hurricane Bill passed through New England two summers ago.  Having just got my cast of from a torn Achilles tendon I decided to try to boogie board in hurricane surf....I was almost swept out to see in a rip current.  Speaking of which I was caught in a rip current this past weekend again. I know the best thing to do is let it pull you out a ways swim parallel to the shore and then come in but that is much easier said then done. You sit 50 yards off shore on a board and let the current pull you out beyond the break. I tend to fight it essentially paddling in place until a large wave breaks and catches me inside, then I just belly ride that one in.  About 5 minutes after taking these photos a downpour began. There is nothing like riding a bike in the warm summer rain.